Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Brief update.

It has been a while since my last post.
Many noteworthy events have taken place since.
I am getting prepared for another tax preparation season to start within 2 weeks. Since my retirement from my "day job", I will be able to devote more time to this activity. I am glad for the additional time because the tax prep business is getting more and more complex with the myriad of new rules and regulations by the US Treasury aka IRS. Requirements like a mandatory 15 CE credits each year, taking exams and increasing professional liability due to increased onus of reporting proper tax data by policing customer information. It is almost not worth continuing this activity as a small part time side business.
I am recovering from a bout with influenza. It has been about 10 days and I still have some chest congestion and an intermittent cough. I guess the flu shot I got was not effective for the strain going around.
We vacationed last August/September in Hawaii with friends. Stayed at the Sheraton on Waikiki Beach in Oahu. Also at the Sheraton on Kaanapalli in Mauii. It was a lot of fun with friends as we toured the islands and were active every day with sightseeing, swimming and snorkeling. The road to Hana was fun with all the hair-pin turns and scenic waterfalls in a tropical jungle setting. We also spent three days in Los Angeles on our way back where we stayed with friends at their beautiful home in a posh neighborhood near Beverly Hills. Visited Santa Monica pier and Universal Studios.
I'm going to have to go on a diet as I was surprised to find myself 30 lbs heavier since I retired in April. It sneaks up on you... so they say.

No comments: